Growing Everlastings are both fun and easy. Here’s a quick video on how it’s done.
Step 1 – Site selection
- Reasonably well drained soil (not constantly water-logged)
- Access to sunlight (sunny for some part of the day)
Everlastings will tolerate extremely cold weather, frost, moderate waterlogging, heat, coastal, tropical, and little sunlight conditions. It can be planted all year round, if irrigated in summer.
Step 2 – Weed control
- manually by physically removing the weeds, or
- chemically, using a knockdown herbicide such as glyphosate, before the everlasting seeds are planted.
After germination, a grass selective can be lightly sprayed to control grass weeds Note: It is worth prolonging the planting of everlasting seeds until weeds are controlled.
Step 3 – Fertilise
Step 4 – Seed application
Seed should be sown at a rate of 1 gram per 1 m2. Therefore 10g will cover a 10m2 area.
Can be planted all year, if irrigated
Step 5 – Pest control
- a knockdown pest management chemical, or
- use residual control to provide control for extended periods after planting.